Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Daily??? More Like Sporadic Trainings...

It has been awhile since I have blogged anything, and it seems like it has been longer than that since I have actually worked out. Not sure what my deal is, but it seems to take every inch of my being to get me out running. So Daily Trainings is not an accurate description of what this blog means right now. And as I was writing this post, I thought to my self that this blog was suppose to be about my journey to becoming an Ironman and finishing the race. Now that I have done that, I admit I found myself thinking, OK, now what?

It's not that I think I have climbed the mountain top, nor does it mean that I am totally done with Ironman (I mean I do have this little beat down race against Brad D) but I wonder if it is the same.  Is it better the second time around? I know I always eat the red and purple Skittles first because nothing is as good as the first bite. I know I will be smarter on my next races, but I wonder if it will be different? I am thinking that the only thing that should be different in my race time. I know I should be faster than a 15:53. I honestly think I can go 14 or under. I have plenty of time to think it over, but let me ask you multiple Ironman finishers, what was different between your first and second Ironman?? Leave me a comment please...


On another separate note, I grew a beard. Since I was not really training for anything, I let my hair grow out and quit shaving for awhile. My hair had not been that long in years because I normally cut it with my clippers. So I looked like a totally different person IMO. Well, that did not last long. I shaved and cut my hair on Sunday. I honestly got tired of people asking if I was doing "No Shave November" I really just wanted to see if I could grow a beard, and that question was answered.

When I decided to shave it off, which was not an easy task, I decided to have some fun and see what I looked like with a goatee, a moustache and then cleanly shaved. Personally I like rocking the groovy moustache, but I got out voted and it had to go!!!
 
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and they remember that we are truly blessed and have much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...