I'll admit, I am much better at holding people accountable than being held accountable. I do it with my kids, and at work. So with family, professionally and in training, I am all about accountability, but what about my personal life??
Like most people, I can justify everything I do or say. That is not good enough though. I need to be held accountable. Held accountable to God and to my family. Period. My church recently had a lesson on accountability and it hit home with me. I know I can be a better man, a better husband, better father, better worker and a better athlete, but I cannot do it alone, I need people (Godly men) to help me stay accountable and on the narrow path.
1. Have you spent time in the Scriptures and in prayer?
2. Have you had any flirtatious or lustful attitudes, tempting thoughts, or exposed yourself to any explicit materials which would not Glorify God?
3. Have you been completely above reproach in your financial dealings?
4. Have you spent quality relationship time with family and friends?
5. Have you done your 100% best in your job, school, etc.?
6. Have you told any half-truths or outright lies, putting yourself in a better light to those around you?
7. Have you shared the Gospel with an unbeliever this week?
8. Have you taken care of your body through daily physical exercise and proper eating/sleeping habits?
9. Have you allowed any person or circumstance to rob you of your joy?
10. Have you lied to us on any of your answers today?
This group is not about tearing anyone down, but it is designed to build us up to make us better husbands and fathers. Can you answer all 10 questions honestly? Or do you have any friends that would call you out? Do you have anybody that you are comfortable sharing these answers with? Do you trust anyone enough?
P.S. I know that question #6 will step on the toes of EVERY triathlete!! :)