- The St Jude Marathon was cancelled. 1st time it has ever happened. The fear was due to an ice storm that was suppose to hit Memphis. Notice I used the word suppose! It did get very cold here and we did have some cold rain, but the streets looked good to me. I would have had no problem driving anywhere in Memphis. I also would not want to be the guy that made the call to cancel it. I am sure there are reasons that I do not know about, but its a shame that it was cancelled.
- I do appreciate everyone that donated to St Jude on my behalf, it was still an honor to raise money for the hospital and the families of St. Jude.
- I am already sick of seeing people post pictures of their elf on Facebook. It is only cute for your kid, adults don't care. I love watching Jesse search the house for Thomas every morning, but I will not subject my FB friends to all the pictures. Your welcome.
- I am thinking Missouri beats Auburn today for the SEC championship. I am solely basing this off the fact that Auburn was on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week. Alabama was on the cover last week.
- In January, I am looking to start working out with a trainer instead of trying to do workouts on my own. I will be in the weight room some and hopefully will get stronger, especially in my core. The trainer I am looking at working with is a triathlete and will be looking to design a program aimed at helping me in triathlons. (Look out Brad D)
- I think I caught Stella (my bike) looking at me the other day in a flirtatious kind of way. I admit, she was looking good.
- I also put on my Brooks Glycerin's yesterday. Yeah, they felt pretty good on my feet. I am not saying I am back to running, but we are talking again.
- Today I a smoking a pork butt. It is going to be so good, I can't wait to eat it. Only about 6 more hours to go
- I found the greatest candy/snack in the world. they are called Snappers. They are a wonderful mix of pretzels, caramel and chocolate. I literally could eat the entire bag and I have hidden the bag in the house so my kids can't find it. Don't judge me.
- I need to lose abut 10 lbs.
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Yeah it has been awhile since we last talked. For some reason, I have just not been in a blogging mood, maybe it is part of my "not wanting to run funk" or because this is the busiest time of the year for me, I just don't know. However, I do have a few thing on mind to share, so here is my DAILY RAMBLINGS post: