Friday, April 22, 2016

Our Newest Addition...

Meet Molly.

 
 
 
Molly is the newest member to our family. She is a 9 month old black lab that we adopted from the animal shelter. Let me tell the story (not triathlon related at all)

My boys have been wanting a dog for awhile, and I admit, I was wanting to get a dog also, so one Saturday we decided it was time and we loaded up and went to the Humane Society to find us a dog. I was shocked to see how many pitbulls were at he humane society. I'd say it was 75% full of them, but we found a little black lab named Holly that we all liked. I think they said she was 7 months old. So we ask if we can play with her and decide that she is the dog for us, so I fill out the paperwork.

I take the paperwork back to the counter and they review and then ask me the following question:

Them: So, is the dog going to stay outside the majority of the time?

ME: Yes, we have a fenced backyard and she will stay outside most of the time.

Them: Well, if that is the case, then we can't let you adopt a dog from us.

Me: what?

Them: Yeah, all our dogs have to be inside dogs for you to be able to adopt.

Me: So, you'd rather the dog be locked inside a house all day instead of running outside while we are at work and school?

Them: no answer

Me: You should really tell people on the front end of this instead of after my 7 yr old playing with her for the last 20 minutes!

I was mad and tears were flowing from my little guy. So we went to the Memphis Animal Shelter and there is where we found Molly. First question I asked, was about her being outside and they were very understanding that outside is better than being cooped up all day inside alone.

Molly is 9 months old according to them, and she is doing great. We still have to train her not to chew on some things but she is learning. I do hope one day to work with her so she can run with me sometimes, but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...