Thursday, February 6, 2014

Me and Crowie...

Just like a lot of you out there, sometimes I lose my motivation to train. Sometimes I blame the weather, sometimes I blame the aches and pains, and other times I sit here and think, I have plenty of time to train, my race is a couple of months out. A lot of times I will read race reports to get my juices flowing, or I will watch YouTube videos of races, but they main way I get my mojo back is....

I cut my hair.

Guard #1.

Sleek and aero-dy-nam-ic!.

Now you might be thinking, what does this have to do with Crowie. Well, it might be the only thing we have in common. Last year, on the NBC Kona coverage, Crowie was interviewed and he said that one thing he did to prepare for a race was that he got his hair cut. And I can relate.

Maybe that is why triathletes shave their legs, but I know that when I am rocking a shaved cut, I naturally feel faster and I feel more like an athlete. This might sound weird to some of you, but it makes perfect sense to me. So today, I had a great workout, a great swim and I had a new swimsuit! I won a gift certificate to Sports Authority, so I bought a new suit. I felt great in the water and I felt like I was training. All from a simple haircut!

Thanks Crowie!

4 comments:

  1. Guard #1 is my hairstylist too. and yes that look makes me feel more dedicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whatever it takes. Hair, no hair. I look crappy when I cut all my hair off. Right now I'm trying to see how long I can grow it before I start to look like someone has overstayed their welcome at Woodstock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does make sense. Perhaps I should shave my legs... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...