Friday, April 12, 2013

Guess Who Was In Atlanta For The National Championship?


Me!  That's right! I had a business trip in Atlanta and I arrived Monday afternoon and I got to see the game... from the privacy of my room in the Hilton! Yeah seriously!! I mean really, who plans a business trip the night of the National Championship! Plus the late start of 9 PM is not good when you have to sit in meetings all day the following day! But, as you may or may not know, I am a retail investigator that goes after the bad guys that steal from our company to make a living, and this business trip was all about how to catch, apprehend and interview the bad guys, so it wasn't too bad!

***On a side note, my family had a 6 pack of IBC rootbeer riding on whoever had the best bracket. Going into the championship game, I was leading by one point, with no teams left. My bride and oldest son both had Louisville in the final game (my picks were Duke and Indiana) and I needed Michigan to win for me to win. As you know Louisville won and my son picked 157 total points scored to win the bracket challenge, with my bride taking 2nd place, I got 3rd and my middle boy got 4th!***

I have gotten back to training after battling my cough for a little over 2 weeks! I have been so worried about not coming back too soon so I can get over this cough, but I started getting worried about losing my fitness after 2 weeks of not doing a thing! So I started getting torn, do I get back to my schedule? Or what? I have decided that the best set for me is to ease back into it. Thankfully next week would have been a scheduled recovery week, so that means less miles than a normal week, so I think everything is going to work out great. Thursday I did hit a 25 mile (1:38) bike ride on the trainer and Friday I did a 1600 yard swim, and felt fine. Saturday calls for a 9 mile run and Sunday is a 30 mile ride or 2 hours. I really do not think starting back with a 9 mile run is a great idea, so I am going to shoot for 6 and see how that goes. I will let you know how that goes!


10 comments:

  1. I'm glad your text indicated the picture of that guy was coughing. That wasn't initially how I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I never even noticed that! Trust me, it is a cough!

      Delete
    2. Omg I can't stop laughing!!!!! Hahahaha!!!!

      Delete
  2. That's so cool that you got to see the game! Sweet! Nice work with the training, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOuld have been cooler if the company had given us tickets to the game!

      Delete
  3. I was lucky enough to take my boys to the sweet 16 and watch the best game of the tournament.. Michigan vs Kansas. Thank goodness for the jumbo tron though as we might have well been at home we were so far back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2014, one of the regionals is coming through Memphis and the FedEx Forum, so maybe I can check out a game then!

      Delete
  4. It took me about 10 days of getting back into training to start feeling normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everyday I think I am feeling normal again, it is followed by a day of me thinking it is still hanging around!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...