|Slow it down, I don;t think so!|
This post is about a topic that I get asked about at least once a week.
Now, these are actual questions I have been asked over the years about shaving! I will address them one by one:
- Why do you shave your arms and legs? Very simple answer. It makes me feel faster. I feel like I can rip through the water, the wind and sweat just glides right off me. I also think it makes me looks faster. As you all know triathletes will do anything to gain any type of speed out there, that proof can be found in the Aero helmets guys wear at sprint races! So my thoughts are that if I think I am fast, then I will act like I am fast, and shaving for me is all mental, basically it makes me feel faster.
- Do you shave your body in case you crash? That way it will heal faster? I do not plan on crashing or causing any type of road rash to come to my body. So for me, that really does not factor into the decision of me shaving. I shave because it makes me feel faster. Many people also give a reason that it makes massages feel a lot better, which is true and I am sure that he massage therapist prefers to not rub a oily hairy dude, but you would have to ask them. I do it because it makes me feel faster!
- Does your wife like that you shave? I can honestly say she does. My family thinks it is weird to see a man with hairy arms and legs at this point. They really are used to it and it does not bother them at all, and besides, it makes me feel faster.
- Why don't you shave your back? My answer: Why doesn't your Mamma shave her back? BOOM! Smartypants!
- Do you use Nair? I have used Nair. It stinks and it takes me longer than using a razor.
- Have you ever waxed your legs? No and I never plan to! That looks way to painful!
- How far up your legs do you shave?
Like a porn star baby!I usually just ask what do you mean? This question is usually asked by a guy, which is weird on many levels. This is a question I avoid and quickly turn to something else. I don't want to talk about anything above the thigh with any of my bros! Or especially with any females.
So to recap, the reason I shave is BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL FASTER! I do not have any proof that my times are faster due to shaving, and that's not the point. The point of it is because it makes me feel... well, you get the point. I remember the first time I shaved with the clippers, I had no idea what I was doing and I felt really weird immediately afterwards. Until, I climbed into bed and felt the new sheets on my legs, and then the next morning I loved how the water felt. It was awesome. So I imagine I will continue to shave as long as I am able to participate in this sport. I will not have my Mancard revoked for it either, so don't even try it!
***Next week, I have a cool giveaway coming! And do not forget about the $5 off from WIN Detergent!***