Wednesday, March 31, 2021

STARTING OVER

 Yes, it's true.  I am starting over, from the very beginning, starting from scratch, back to the old drawing board. Starting April 5, I am back to training for Ironman Memphis 70.3. The road seems very long and the bumps seem huge. First off, right now I am weighing in at 224 lbs, which is about 35 lbs more than when I last raced. I will be 50 by the time the starting gun fires, more than 7 years older, and I am coming off a torn calf muscle, which kept me in a boot for almost 3 weeks. 

So I have basically 6 months to get ready to run a half Ironman on Oct 2nd.  I did like any normal triathlete would do, and that is getting a plan together. The second thing I did was adjust the pace from the original plan to a resemble pace, and third I adjusted my attitude from competing to completing. 

It's true, my tri shorts are tighter, my cycle shoes are old and 56 miles seems like an eternity. I have Stella out, and she is looking pretty, the trainer is tuned up, the Garmin 945 is charged, the goggles are cleaned and the Hoka are laced just right.

Wish me luck and I will update as the journey begins on April 5, 2021!

1 comment:

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...