Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wahh Wahh Wahhhhh

This is more of a rant than anything else, but it is my blog and I can rant if I want too!

Whenever I am talking to someone about my training and workouts, it burns me up when the first thing they say to me is "I wish I had time to do all that!" What? like I do not do anything else?? Is that what you are saying? or are you saying, you know I wish I was able to get up at 5:30 AM and go out running when it is dark and cold. Or are you saying, you know I wish I had cajones to stay up till 11:00 PM to ride my bike on the trainer because I want to spend time with my wife and kids and the only time that really works for me to ride is after they have gone to bed. Or are they saying that they wished they had the will power to not eat at McDonald's for lunch everyday because they know it is not good for them while training (I am soo jonsing for a Big Mac right now btw)?

I do not want to hear any of that. Truth is, you make time for what is important to you. I get up early to run because it makes the most sense with my family and not interupting their day ( or as little as possible). I used to come home from eork and immediately grab my stuff for a run, but I was limited in what I could do at that time, because my bride needs a break from the kids in the late afternoon, and I can't say I blame her, they are hard work! So early morning runs make more sense. On the weekends, I usually wait for the baby to take his nap before I go out and do my long runs, the older boys are at ages where they can keep themselves busy for 90 minutes or so playing games and not miss me!

So for all these folks that think they do not have time to do anything healthy, think again. Quit spending som much time thinking of excuses for why you can't and use that time to get out there and do something.

4 comments:

  1. "I wish I had time to read all that!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is totally okay to vent every now and then!! We all do it:)

    You are very determined and committed! You have the heart and drive of a true athlete:) It sounds like some of the people you are talking to are not in the same place and are perhaps, making excuses!! Just do it!!! Have a good one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its totally a lifestyle change. I used to workout exclusively at night (9PM onwards). Over the past 2 years that has shifted to AM and lunch time only workouts. My friend says it perfectly, "You are working out on YOUR time, not your family's time."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jon, its a lifestyle change, we are the ones bettering ourselves for the long run.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...