Friday, January 29, 2010

Jan 29, 2010

Today I got a call at 5:24 Am telling me that schools were closed due to weather. OK, cool. Obviously there are some slick roads and I probably should not be out running, cause cars could slide and kill me or what-not, so I reset my alarm, went back to bed and figured I would just do a trainer ride sometime today in place of running.

Flash Forward to 7:00 AM. The boys are already up playing, I can never get them up early on a school day though. So I get up, my coffee is already brewed and I go to get the paper, thinking I need to e careful. Guess what I see outside?? Nothing. It is barely raining! They cancelled school on a forecast! Memphis is so skittish about snow. It is simply mind boggling. So the kiddos are out of school, my wife, who teaches at the college level, also had her classes cancelled based off a weather forecast. Unbelievable.


Flash Forward again: 11:00 AM. I am at work and it is snowing pretty good now. Not enough to make me hoard all the milk and bread, but it is pretty. Half the office has called in saying the streets are to bad. LIARS! It was in the upper 50s and 60 last week! Anyways, I think I ma heading home for lunch and might get stuck in my driveway also, so I can play with the boys in the snow, and also get my trainer ride in!

2 comments:

  1. The personnel who make those decisions need to move to North Dakota. They have real storms there...

    Go home, hit the trainer, and play with your boys. That is what memories are made of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Race photos: Next time I see a race photographer, I should put on the ugliest face and see what the outcome is....probably really REALLY bad! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...