Tuesday, October 27, 2009

2010 Race Goals

In the off season, you always want to work on your weak points. I tend to try and continue my running, spend alot of time on the trainer, build more strength and finally plan for the next year. I have some lofty goals for 2010, but I am positive they are all attainable.

In 2010, my main #1 goal is to complete a HIM. That's right, a 1 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13 mile run. I honestly feel like I could complete one already, but I am past just completing races. I want to compete, meaning I want to do as well as I can.

I already know that one of my biggest to date races will not happen in 2010. (I gots other plans which involve a big boat and warm weather. So the HIM will be my biggest race. I will also continue to do some Sprint Tris, like the Dragonfly, Mighty Mite, the Rebelman, maybe the Sharpshooter and the Los Locos Duathlon, but number goal is the HIM.

So to accomplish this, I have decided that I need to race some 1/2 marathons (13 miles) I do not want my first 13 mile run to be after a 56 mile bike! So I have a couple 1/2 marys in mind. One in Germantown (Mar 2010) and one in Nashville in April, which would also be a nice getaway for the wife and me). I think these races will be essential in my doing well on the half, so my running has to get stronger. Currently my longest runs in the last 2 months have been 7 miles, which is taking me just under an hour, so I have plenty of time to get ready for it, if I could get myself out of bed in the morning and run before work. It is just to hard to get away after work these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...