Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ammonia Smell???

This morning I went for a swim. Swam 200 yards, not real hard either. Nothing out of the ordinary either!

After work, I got home and did a quick 3.4 miles before the wife had to leave for church. Again nothing to hard or fast, did about an 8:40 per mile. Again nothing out of the ordinary...

When I was in the shower, I noticed a strong smell of ammonia. It was weird and fairly strong too. It was definitely coming from me though (and no to Driving Disco, I do not pee in the shower) It kinda had me freakin, so I googled it.

According to many websites, it says that my body was no longer burning fat, but instead was burning muscle. I did not have enough carbs in my diet apparently. So I started thinking back to what I ate today.

Breakfast-nothing
Lunch- personal pan pizza from Target
Dinner- only eat after running
I also had some bite size candy bars from the HR office and a root beer today.

So I have figure it out. My diet sux!

3 comments:

  1. It can also come from dehydration.
    There are all kinds of food and nutrition calculators that will help you make sure you are getting enough of everything- try thedailyplate.com

    It is free and it will track carbs, fat, sugar, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you peed in th...oh, ok.

    Whenever I smell ammonia, the first thing I think of is that darn cat, but I can honestly say I've never smelled it coming out of me! I think I can safely say I've always got plenty of carbs in my system to prevent that from happening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's it going?? I had to add your blog to my links page. I've enjoyed reading through the blog..I like the daily ramblings..brings back geat memories in my office...Be good and keep up the training...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...