Thursday, April 16, 2009

1st Stroller Run...

Last weekend we bought a jogging stroller for the baby. The idea behind this was that I have always ran with the boys when they were little. It was not only a time for me to get my runs in, but also gave Mom a break from the boys. So we thought that the baby would enjoy it. So Saturday we bought one. Problem is that it has been too cold or windy to give it a whirl.

So tonight, the wife went out to eat with a friend, the older boys were invited to a friends house, so it was just me and the baby. Perfect opportunity! Plus the fact that I was physically feeling better than I have in a long long time!

So I get it all fitted for him (well, mom helps out with this) and at first he is not really loving it. According to my GPS, we made it 400 yards before he was in a full fledged yell! The neighbors were all looking at this point. So, I am stop, get him out and try to calm him down when he lets out a ferocious burp! So I figure this is it, we can try again later and load him back up and think it will just be an around the lock trip.

As I got to the turn, he is calm, so I think, why not try it? He does great the rest of the way and is asleep by mile 1. we ran for 45 minutes, covering almost 4.5 miles and he slept the whole time, just like I planned!

It is different running with a stroller, but I like it, and I know it is a win-win for both me and the wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...