Monday, April 20, 2009

Memories...

On Sunday, I was all set to head out on my long run, I was looking to go 6+ miles that day. I decided I was going to take Jesse in the stroller since Mom wanted a nap. My oldest also decided that he wanted to ride his bike while we went. So I packed everything up, got the stroller ready, my fuel belt ready, the GPS logged in and was about ready to go when the rain came down.

Soooooo, Mom decided that Jesse could not go, so me and Jake decided to still go, what's a little rain anyways? So we're off...

The trail I normally run is through a wooded area that is paved with asphalt (which is better for the knees than concrete, FYI), it also has a ton of trees so we were protected for the most part. By the time we got out of the woods, the rain had gone so we decided to keep going. We only did about 3 miles.

I had told Jake to put on old play clothes for the ride, so I could let him hit every puddle he could find! he was having a blast, so much that he wanted to go and get Jared, so that is why we headed home.

Jared had been playing Wii pretty much all day and I had to threaten the boy with bodily harm to get him off the couch! So he reluctantly changed clothes and went with us (I got on my mtn bike also).

The boys had the best day. We rode through puddles, then they would stop, get off their bikes and run through them. This went on the entire trip. On the way back, we noticed a huge black cloud coming our way and decided to get home. FAST!

A crack of thunder sped us up and the rain that came down was cold and almost stung your face. Jared kept saying "it hurts, the rain hurts!" we got home and Mom was waiting with the garage open and with towels. What a day!

I am not sure who will remember this more, me or them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...