Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dec is Peachy!

This month's goal is to have a peach month. Now all that means is that we do some form of workout everyday and when you do that, that day turns to a peach color on your calendar. I am on day 13 at the time of this writing. 13 straight days of swimming, running, biking or weights. Tomorrow, day 14 I am suppose to run 44 minutes.

"why 44 minutes Memphis?" you ask??

I have been doing an Olympic Triathlon training schedule since Dec 1, 2008. It is a 20 week schedule that hopefully will have me ready for the Memphis in May Triathlon. This plan spells out exactly what amount of S/B/R I am supposed to be doing, but I know I talked about this in a different post, so scroll down if you want to hear more about it.

Anyways, I am really going to try and meet the Peach goal for Dec, but it is getting tough. The other night I had to ride until almost 11:00 to get my scheduled workout in. I know my bike mileage will increase a lot this month, which is a good thing, but it is mostly on the trainer, not on the road. Saddle time is important they say, so we will find out. I think my run and swim mileage will probably drop from this program but not sure yet. Instead of running a certain amount of miles, I am running and swimming a certain number of minutes.

I believe I will have a Tri in March that has a pool swim. More to come on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...