Saturday, August 16, 2008

WOW!, WOWEE WOW WOW!"

Hello again! Well I have been watching a lot of the Olympics lately, especially the swimming. As you know, I have been doing triathlons this summer, so I was really interested in watching Phelps and Team USA. All I can say about them is "WOW, WOWEE WOW WOW"!

Thise guys were swimming 50 meters so fast. I know that I swim 100 yards in about 1:40. And that is great for me, since back in Sept of 07 when I started swimming I was doing 100 yards in 6:27! A 50 in the Olympics went down in 21 seconds! No breathing on the race either.

Every swimmer did flip turns in the pool, and it was awesome to watch, but if you have never tried these flip turns, believe me it is not that easy. The dolphin kick is something that blows my mind. I love to watch it and see the speed they get, and I really do not see how it would help me in a triathlon, but I love to try when swimming laps.

The pool that I swim in was closed all last week for maintenance. This was the worst possible week to not have access to the pool. I so wanted to get out and swim! I am looking forward to getting back into the pool on Monday, and also for the Olympics to quit being on so late every night.

2 comments:

  1. Your post makes me laugh - I think our pool was extra busy last week b/c of the olympics. Not good for me. :) But I just wanted to thank you for the encouragement. I can use all I can get! I'm working on getting up enough nerve to go swim (by myself) tonight. :)

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have also said this, but my wife is also pregnant, 4 months, she is doing yoga and swimming some as well.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...