Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Dark Knight or the Dark Curse???



This post is for all you conspiracy nuts out there (and I do not think the 3 or 4 of you who read this are nuts). My wife told about this rumor theory going around, so I thought I'd expound on it more.

First of all, if you have not seen the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight, go see it. It is a dang good movie. Now people are saying the movie is cursed. I will provide three examples for your approval...

Example #1:
Heath Ledger's accidental overdose on prescription narcotics. No the Brokeback Mountain star really outdid himself in the Dark Knight. In my opinion, he was the best Batman villain to date and I would not have known it was him if I had not heard it before the movie. It is a shame that his life ended before the movie came out because I think this would have been his breakout role as a serious, legitimate, award winning actor.
Example #2:
Christian Bale's arrest. They said it was for beating up his mother and sister in London. Everyone knows that Batman's mom dies when he was a child! (I will wait for everyone to get that joke......) So again, he did not really get to enjoy the opening weekend because he was locked up.
Example #3:
Morgan Freeman's wreck. As you know, if you watched any local news early this week, Morgan Freeman flipped his car multiple times after leaving a friends house. He and his "lady friend" were both slightly injured and taken to the hospital, THEN he is hit with divorce papers! Ouch, double whammy!

So is it the Dark Knight or the Dark curse?

1 comment:

  1. I guess I still need to see this thing...

    So many movies I "need to see."

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...