Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Could be a long one...

Disclaimer: This could be a long one…

I have seen a lot of weird things on this super highway of information we call the Internet. I get a lot of stuff sent to me by friends and peers, I stumble on to some accidentally and other things I hear about and have to see for myself. The thing that I want to talk about tonight is something I find very scary.

The church of Oprah is something I have been hearing about for a few weeks, but I have never really paid it to much attention. I am not a fan of Oprah and even ask my wife not to watch her show. I know she can make a book number one on the bestseller’s list just by mentioning it, I know she has some giveaway show, and I know she sometimes gives her studio audience big-time gifts. What I found out about her beliefs is something that scares me. Watch the clip please:





Now there is so much one could write about in here, but I want to focus on a couple of things only.

1. “The only message of the crucifixion is that you can overcome the cross.” The statement is so outrageous it is hard to believe they are saying it! I guess you can expect this mindset from someone who does not believe that there is only one way to God, as she claims there are many ways to God. To me, one does not overcome the cross; the cross is the only way that we have a chance at salvation. The crucifixion is the greatest gift that anyone could possibly give to anyone, one that can never be equaled again. There is nothing I can do that will ever compare to that gift, nothing that the city of Memphis can do or the United States can do to equal the gift of God sending his son down to Earth in the form of a man to die for my sins and yours. Also one cannot leave out the resurrection in relation to the crucifixion, the two go hand in hand.

2. Oprah states that she could not understand that God would be jealous of her. Oprah please! Does she really believe that God Almighty is jealous of her? We all know that God is a jealous God and even states it Exodus, Joshua and Deuteronomy (among other places) that He is a jealous God and you should have no other gods before him. For anyone to have the ego to state that God is jealous of her is unbelievable. Before this statement about jealousy, she says she took God out of the box. How big is the box that holds God? Is she telling me that there is a box big enough to hold God and that he can’t get out of it himself and needs her help?

3. “Man made God in his own image, the eternal, the infinite and the unnameable was reduced to a mental idol that you had to believe in and worship as my God or your God…” Now this quote actually comes from Eckhart, but Oprah claims it to be a favorite of hers. This is mind blowing. “Man made God in his own image…” What? The scary thing is that Oprah has a huge viewing that she is peddling theses false teachings to and people are accepting.

Now I admit, I am not a Bible scholar, and I am in no way saying I have all the answers, but this video is something that people should be weary of and they should know about. I welcome your thoughts and comments.

1 comment:

  1. HMMMM? No comments on this? Kind of surprising to me!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...