Sunday, August 19, 2018

Maybe When I'm 47...

Sometimes I forget I am 46 years old (47 Sept 7th). I say this because in my mind, I am still in my early thirties and can still do early 30's type of stuff. I start to feel really good, really loose and then one wrong bend, and BOOM, Oh yeah, I'm 46.

This occurs pretty frequently unfortunately. Sometimes its a gentle reminder and other times is an old fashioned slap upside the back of my head.

Last Saturday I was in the gym lifting things up and putting them down (in your best Arnold voice) and on my workout was dead-lifts, which I hate. Now I have never worked out as a triathlete, because I ran and biked so much, that I never had the time. So I admit, my form may suck. I was dreading these dead-lifts and for that reason, I started very low weight. Almost embarrassingly low weight. After lift 3, I felt my back. Tweak city. So I immediately stopped and went home, hoping for the best. My back was sore for a few days but it was nothing I could not handle and it never keep me from doing what I wanted.

Fast forward to Thursday night. Volleyball night!  I am on a recreational non spiking volleyball team. We had a double header that night and I felt good playing, back was loose, no pain at all! Then I woke up Friday morning...

It continued to get worse and worse throughout the day until finally, all I wanted to do was lay down flat on the floor. This weekend has been filled with muscle relaxers, Bio-freeze, Epsom salt baths and Tylenol. I'd like to say I have learned my lesson, but I know myself, and I know I haven't.

Maybe when I'm 47.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...