Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Week 2-

Let me first recap week 1 before I go and talk about week 2 of my training. Week 1 went really well. I hit everything I was supposed to hit (after moving a few things around), so that is a huge win. I am still on a long road but it has been good so far. The biggest issue I had was Thursday night. See, I am playing in a rec league basketball at our church and it was a little hard running, swimming , biking and then going out and playing basketball. Let me tell you this, basketball running is ALOT different than triathlon running. My legs were killing me after the game and I woke up at 3 AM with a massive calve cramp! Oh it hurt so bad!  I went and grabbed my compressions sleeves and slept in them the rest of the night!

So here we are on week 2 and this is my plan:


I am thankful for the progression cause like I said, my journey will be a long one, but I can see me getting stronger and progressing. The only issue I have is that last night my shifter for my front derailleur popped and I need to get that fixed, so the bike might not happen this week, but everything else should.

I am planning on signing up for a super sprint race at he end of June called the Buffalo Bill Tri. It's a 400 yd swim, 8 mile bike and 2 mile run. My goal is under 1 hour. It will be good to race again.

Thanks for reading!

JFORD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...