Friday, July 10, 2015

Daily Trainings Update

courtesy of Fatbooth
It's good to be back!  From where you may be asking. Well, my family and I went to the beach for almost 2 weeks and spent time hanging on the beach, catching fish, crab hunting at night, working on my tan, boogie boarding and eating very well! It was hard to come back from work last Monday for sure. I know while we were 'beaching it", a lot went on in this world, from flags to rainbows! So I thought my first blog post back should be an update. I usually do an update when I have several things I want to write about, but I know I will not get around to doing a separate blog post for each thing, so here it goes.

  1. I know everyone is dying to know what day of the streak am I on? Well the streak died on day 22, the morning we had to get to the airport. I managed to get in 38 miles in the month of June, so I was very happy. What did I learn from it? Well, I actually really enjoyed it and will likely do it again, it was fun to see how long I could go and a mile is nothing. Since I am running Ragnar in October and have no more tris on my schedule, I think I am going to focus on running and swimming going forward.
  2. I am not doing the Mighty Mite Triathlon this year. A very good friend and a mentor to my son is getting married on that same day. I do not think it would be a problem to get there, race and get back, but that would leave my wife with a lot to do that day. I think this day is more important.
  3. My weight is down to 188, even after vacationing. I am down 10lbs since this winter! How did I do it? Well, having a white couch and a wife that won't let me eat on it helps, I mean, who wants to eat chips and salsa in the kitchen and not in front of the TV? My snacking throughout the day has slowed down and even eating late at night, I am sure the constant exercise helps.
  4. I am so ready for NCAA football season!  Go Hogs!!!  WPS!!!
  5. I have been foam rolling like a champ!  I have really spent some time doing it. It hurts a lot but man does it get me feeling better. My IT band has been very sore, which has been effecting my knees I think. I was told that since it connects to the knee, that if you stretch out the IT band, it can take away some of that knee pain. I will let you know how it goes.
  6. We are leading a running group at our church and the first run is tomorrow! yes, I know July is a prime time to start a running program, but we have about 20 people signed up and I hope it grows and grows.
  7. We got a new cat! I told Jesse, my 6 yr old, that after we moved and after vacation, that we would get him a cat. Well he remembered, so we went to the animal shelter and picked out a torti cat and named her Reese cause she looks like a Reese's peanut butter cup. So far she is doing really well and has not been a problem!

1 comment:

  1. Man I need to get a new white couch! That's good motivation! Congrats on the new cat. Very jealous about 2 weeks at the beach!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...