Thursday, June 4, 2015

Run streak? 1 mile a Day

So my bride and I have decided that we are going to do a challenge in the month of June. We have both agreed to run at least a mile a day during June. I am going to be doing this in additional to my preparation for the Mighty Mite triathlon in July. I am doing this for two reasons.

Reason 1: My run sucks in triathlons. I know this, and if you have read this blog long enough, then you know it also.  I always tell people that if you want to swim/bike/run better, then you need to swim/bike/run more. So why not take my own advice? Because it might actually work??? I am putting my money where my mouth is. So everyday in June, I am doing at least a mile. Somedays it will be longer, if that is what my plan dictates, but regardless of it, I am running.


Reason 2: Vanity. I need to lose about 5lbs. I am already down about 6 or 7lbs, but another 5 will get me back in the 180s. This will make a difference on the knees and get me back where I want to be (plus we are heading to the beach in late June).

So why is my wife doing this with me? She is a good accountability partner for me. Many times she is the one that gets me out doing things when I do not want too, so I know this will benefit us both. We have talked about other people doing running streaks and figured we should give it a try as well, even while on vacation at the beach. Who knows, it may last longer than 30 days!

Started June 1st
Weight 190lbs

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great idea! I will be running about 5-6 days a week pretty soon with fall marathon training, and that is an increase from 3-4 I have been doing. I can only hope it helps improve my crappy run! Good luck! Streaks are really motivating, I did one with a group of friends from Halloween until New Years :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...