Sunday, December 28, 2014

2015 Anti-Resolutions

This is the time of year that most, if not all people start to write their new years resolutions for 2015. I would bet you that if you went back on this blog, you would see a few posts at the beginning of the year where I listed out things I wanted to accomplish in the upcoming year. I will say that I honestly had good intentions, each and every year, but I can say with certainty that I most likely did not accomplish any of them. Without even looking back, I can almost bet that those goals included the following at one point:
  • six pack abs
  • sub 20 minute 5K
  • PR every race
  • learn the guitar
  • save money
And probably a few more are on my lists of failures. I heard a stat that only 8% of people keep their New Years Resolutions! So with this in mind, I have decided that I am going to set my anti-resolution goals for 2015. Basically it is things that I plan on starting, but I have serious doubts that I will complete. So when I do not complete them, I will have succeeded!  Brilliant huh? So here are my 2015 anti-resolutions:
  1. Lose 20lbs- Yes, I would love to hit 175lbs before Redman 140.6, but I doubt I do it!
  2. Have a DR. check out my wrists- I have had some wrist pain for quite some time, but I am afraid of what he might find out, so I doubt I will even have them checked out!
  3. Six pack abs- who does not have this on their list? I think it is required, but hey, I am 43, so it is highly unlikely.
  4. Eat healthier- I really would like to eat healthier overall, but I love Taco Bell, BBQ and I have 3 kids, so this won't happen.
  5. Drink more water- this one is totally doable, and I can do it for a week or so, but it won't stick, never has, never will.

Wow, that was so much easier than trying to figure out what I am capable of, and then actually trying to do it! By setting up what I am not going to do in 2015 really takes a lot of pressure of me honestly. And please, do not hold me accountable to not doing these 5 things, it will not help me at all if you do, but they say accountability is the best way to hit goals! I already feel like I have not accomplished so much this year!!!!

3 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh because it is so true!! It is so like me to come up with a list and not hit them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I wrote this thoughtful reply about you and Brad being separated at birth due to your affinity for Taco Bell and that you should get matching suits for Redman but then Google deleted it. So, there, I typed it again.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...