Friday, October 10, 2014

Randomness...

SO here is another random blog post because I really just don't have one thing to talk about, but I want my blog to stay up. So here goes:


  • My running is going well. I am about 6-7 weeks out from my half marathon and I feel like I am where I need to be. My long run has been 9 miles to date and it felt pretty good. So I have no doubt on completion, just depends on fast I finish it.
  • I had my first visit to Cowboys Stadium in Texas last week. I went to watch my Arkansas Razorbacks play Texas A&M. Great game, but we lost it in OT. The stadium is very cool and the big screen is every bit as impressive as you would think it would be. #WPS
  • I am planning on doing four (4) half marathons  through March. The St Jude Half in December, The Fort Smith half in Feb, the LR Half in March and the Germantown Half in late March. It may seem like a lot of running, but as you know, I need to work on running, so this will be good for me.
  • While in Texas, I was able to meet up with my Redman rival, Brad D. It was a nice visit and there was not a lot of trash talking until the end. We are doing the LR Half together, so it will be fun running with him. Photo evidence provided...
  • We are currently on Fall Break with the kids. It has been nice to get away from work for a few days and just hang out.
  • Today (Friday) I got to run with a guy a graduated high school with. He recently completed Vineman Tri in July, so we got to meet up and get a run in together and trade stories. We were only scheduled to run 4 miles, but when you run in a non familiar place, sometimes you go longer. We ran 6.5 miles in 1:00:42.
  • We went and watched the Equalizer the other night. Great movie!!!
Well that is all for now, hope everyone's training is going well!!! Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...