Monday, May 5, 2014

It's Time...

Time to get off my butt and get to training.

This morning started my 18 week Goosepond Half Ironman Training plan. I started with a 1000 yd swim and tonight I have a 20 mile ride (good thing 24 is back on). I had really forgotten how tired swimming makes me. Now granted, it has been about a month or so since I have been in the pool, but about 2 PM, I was feeling it!

I can also tell that my core is so much stronger than ever before. I could really feel it in the water and I am so glad my trainer had me doing all the planks, crunches and other ab work. I just feel stronger and that is a good thing. Here are the 2 current ab workouts I have been doing if interested:

Torture 1: 1 minute plank, 100 crunches 2 minute plank, 200 crunches, 3 minute plank 300 crunches 4 minute plank 400 crunches (I have never made it through the 4 minute plank yet)

Torture 2: 100 crunches, 100 leg raises, 100 in/outs, 100 bicycles, 100 long lever crunches, 100 v-sits w/twist, 100 crunches, 100 reverse crunches, 100 bicycles, 100 straight leg crunches= 1,000 crunches! BOOM!!!!

This is the first time all season, or all year that I have started getting excited about racing. I still have a HIM goal of 5:45, which would be an A+ for me, but if I go sub 6 hours, at this point (Day 1) I would be thrilled! I know it is totally doable, my last HIM was 6:09 and I fell apart on the run. So yeah, it's time to shake off the cobwebs and time to get focused. Time to Warrior up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...