Friday, April 25, 2014

20 Questions About Yours Truly...

1. How long have you been running?

I have always enjoyed running and I ran in college but I don't think I ever starting racing until I was in my mid 30's, so I would guess it has been about 7 years or so, maybe less.

2. Why did you start running?

I started racing because I need something competitive to do. Softball was not cutting it and there really is not many options after a certain age, so I thought I could go against myself.

3. What is the furthest distance you have ever ran?

28 miles is the furthest and that was part of the Sylamore Trail race that I did not even finish due to cramps, I have always thought about going back to that race to finish it.

4. What is your best running memory?

First time i ran St Jude's marathon and running through the St Jude campus. It was lined with families and patients and they all had signs saying "you are our Heroes" I felt so humbled by that and it was such an emotional journey that I will never forget it.

5. What shoes do you run in?

Brooks Glycerin's, the greatest running shoes ever! (Brooks Fanatic here)

6. What are your favorite and least favorite distances to run or race?

After running a 140.6, I find it is harder for me to get excited about short distance races. I am hoping this is just a thing I am going through, but right now, I only want to half marathons and further or HIM's to IM's.


7. Do you have a running partner?

Not really. It is very hard to schedule running with someone regularly. I do enjoying running with my wife as she is training for her first triathlon, but we seem be sporadic partners with everything else we have going on with kids and all.

8. What is your favorite place to run?

I really love running down a stretch of Brother Ave in Bartlett. This road is about a mile long and flat and you can see it start to finish. I am really not sure why I like that stretch of road, but I do.


9. What is your favorite running accessory?


My visor, or visors. That is the one thing I will ALWAYS grab when going out for a run. I have about 4 that are in the rotation currently.


10. Do you like outdoor or indoor running?

I prefer outdoor, but sometimes indoor training has to be done. A perfect day would be a long swim, followed by a long run outside, I like to sweat and work on my TAN!

11. What is your favorite time of the day to run?

Mornings without a doubt, I just wished I could wake up easier. It takes me awhile to get awake, but early mornings are the best. The earlier I get up to run, the more dedicated I feel, and I know that I am committed to doing this.


12. What races have you ran?

Please see my races page, but I have run everything from 3K's, to 5K to 8K to 10K to 10 milers, Half marathon, marathon, indoor tri, spring, Olympic, half and full triathlons!

13. What music do you listen to when running?

I am all over the map when it comes to this question. My play list can go from 80's hairbands to 90's boy bands to gospel, rap and back to Metallica!


14. What is the coldest or hottest weather you have ever ran in?

I have a rule that I do not run outdoors if it is under 20 or above 100! Memphis gets pretty hott and that is where the indoor training may come in to play and why I prefer early morning runs.


15. What are some other exercises you love?


I have been working with a trainer for a few months and I am starting to really like the weights and core exercises. She has me doing exercises that not typical weight room stuff, so it has been great.

16. Are you currently training for something?


May 4th I start training for Goosepond Half Iron 70.3

17. What are your current or future goals?

I think the biggest goal on my horizon race wise is to go back to Redman and beat my IM time, and also to crush Brad D when we go head to head, mano y mano at that race. (He used to write this blog Brad's Ironman Journey)

18. Advice for new runners?

Yeah, (1)remove the word fast from your vocabulary. (2)Enjoy the journey, love the freedom of running and being outdoors. (3) Don't get caught up in thinking you need all the newest gadgets

19. Why did you start making running vlogs/and or blogs?

I started Daily Trainings as a way to hold myself accountable to my IM training. I wanted to be able to go back and look at how far I'd come and what it meant to me. I really never expected anyone to read it except my wife and my mother.

20. Who will you tag?

Couple of people:
BradD at http://journeytoimtx.blogspot.com/
Micheal at http://slowlytri-ing.blogspot.com/
Kevin at http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...