Monday, March 10, 2014

Dear Running.

Dear Running,

I know we have not really been seeing eye to eye lately and if I am being honest, you have been a real jerk the past few weeks. You have not really been inviting at all and you have been somewhat standoffish with me (Did I just make up a new word?) I have wanted to run, and I have really thought alot about you. You don't know this, but I have talked about you to my friends and even made plans for us to get together, but you always have had a way of ruining our plans.

Now, I know what you are thinking, "How can it be my fault?" Well, lately you have just sucked! You have not been there for me. I know I have had a cold, there has been bad weather and treadmills aren't really the same, but those are just excuses. Admit it! So that is why I hooked up with other exercises. Biking and swimming have been good to me lately, they treat me well and are excited to do things with me. So naturally, I have been spending more time with them. I also want you to know that I have been doing more strength training, and it has been great. I have not sweated like that in a long time!

But, if I am honest, I do miss you! That is why I wanted last week to be about me and you, just the two of us. The weather cleared up, and we got to get together outside, just like when we first met. We did some intervals together, we got to just run outside and it was fun! That is why I want us to give it another chance. I am committing to making this work, but it can't only come from me. I need you to committ to me as well. We can make a strong team, but we have to want it and we have to do it together. So, let me know if you want to give us another chance, I will be waiting for an answer...


P.S. Just so you know, today I bought you something black and lacy...new shoe laces as a symbol of my new committment to you!


Yours if you'll have me,

JFord

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha - good luck rekindling the relationship....she is a fickle mistress

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. This is awesome!! Love it. Sounds like you are finding your way out of your running funk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Exactly how I've been feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...