Monday, December 23, 2013

Today was the Day...

12-23-13 and I ran.

Today was the day I started back with my training. I literally have done nothing since late October. I have not even wore my running shoes since Ragnar. Have wanted too, so I didn't. I figure the lack of desire to run meant that my body was tired. A lot of people asked me if Redman took that much out of me, and at first, I thought yeah, it did. But now as I look back, it was much more than one race. If you are a regular follower of this blog (meaning my mom who reads and my wife when I make her), you know that I have been going pretty good the last couple of years. Sometimes racing up to 14 times a season, which is a lot I think. So the break has been good for me, but it is time to get back to it.

So the first thing I did was go get a physical. I am 42 and have not been to the doc in...I cant remember when I was at a Dr last, except for a clinic for a cough or cold. I really expected the doc to do a lot more than he did, but really all he did was take some blood and run some tests on it. He said everything came back as normal, so I guess that is good!

Step 2 was to make out a plan. The first race is and always will be the Memphis in May triathlon... in May. I really like this race. It's fun. It is a race that my family can go to and hang out at the pool while they wait for me. This is one of the first races I did, and I swear I thought I was not going to make it out of the swim! So I made a plan for MIM.

I used the custom plan from BT (www.beginnertriathlete.com), which will have me doing two swims, three bikes and three runs a week. Plussssssssssssssssssssss I am going to be working with a trainer twice a week. Yeah, I am going to be doing like weights and stuff! this part excites and frightens me a little. She is totally going to kick my butt. My wife has been working out with her for awhile and my wife is fit! She can probably do more pushups than I can, so I know I will get some good results.

The last thing I have done is start working on my diet. I know, it's Christmas time and probably the WORST time to worry about what you eat, but I seriously need to drop about 15 pounds. I want to get lean and mean again.

Other than those things, I have not planned out 2014 race wise yet. And I am probably only go to look at MIM and a HIM, but 2015 is all about beating Brad. (scroll down a few posts).

With all that said, I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas!  And remember, a new year means the gyms will be crowded again!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to take time off! I've put on a few lbs myself and haven't been doing much besides running. I'm thinking my first race will be in May as well so it won't be long before I HAVE to start training.

    I need to come to Redman and beat both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...