Thursday, June 7, 2012

St Jude Heroes need your help...



Last year was the first year I ran the St Jude Marathon, and I admit it was purely because I wanted to run a marathon in preparation for my journey to becoming an Ironman, it was purely selfish reasons. Once I made the turn and ran through the campus of St Jude's, everything changed. It was no longer about me, but about those children and parents, lining up along the route cheering us on. Some of those kids are fighting for their life and yet they were telling us runners that we were the Heroes. They were so wrong. Everyone of those families were so much more of a hero than could ever be. It was truly an emotional scene for a non emotional guy! I knew that I would have to finish no matter what, and I knew at that point that I would run this race again.


Look at those gorgeous blue eyes!
 This little girls name is Hayli and she is one year old. Hayli has acute myeloid leukemia. This is who I am running for, not just her, but thousands of families like her that utilize St Jude Hospital. The great thing about St Jude, is that no family ever has to pay for the treatment while they are patients of St Jude. Everyone know how expensive health care costs are today and I can;t imagine what some of those treatments cost, so imagine the relief of knowing a family can get the best care for their child free of charge!




I'm raising funds as a St. Jude Hero to support St. Jude's lifesaving mission of finding cures and saving children. I need your support to help me reach my fundraising goal for the kids of St. Jude. I have set my goal amount at $500, but I would love nothing more than to surpass that goal. I am asking my readers to consider donating. $5, $10 whatever you can donate will all go to St Jude. If you are not able to donate, then I ask you to keep those kids in your prayers and to also send thoughts of a good race to me so that I may finish strong for these children.




If you are led to donate, please follow this link. St Jude Heroes Donation Page .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...