Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm Getting There...

My training has been great this month. I am feeling a lot better about Ironman Branson than I was a couple of weeks ago. Last weekend I hit a good 40 mile ride and felt pretty good afterwards. In fact, I am on track to meet and exceed all my monthly goals. I have also had three races this month. 1 5k, 1 Sprint and a super sprint on Friday evening. I have had over 200 miles biking, 40 miles running and 10,000 yards swimming. My runs and bikes have gotten longer in distance which has really helped my confidence.

This Friday, I am racing the Sharpshooter Super Sprint Triathlon. It is a 437 yd swim, 11 mile bike and a 2 mile trial run. This is a very fun race. My PR on this is 1:02 and this year I am shooting for under an hour. The only concern for me is that the race time is Friday night at 6PM, and the Memphis heat could definitely be a factor. This will be the last triathlon I have until Branson and I really feel prepared for the race situation. The distance is another story, but I am working on it. I will have about 6 weeks after this race to get everything together, which is doable.

I am also doing a road race series, which is helping me to prepare for the run and the marathon I signed up for in December. I am very excited about doing the marathon. I will have more to say about that later on, as my main focus is Branson. It still bothers me that I did not finish Branson, and this is ne demon I am looking to get rid of.

I picture the finish line at Branson often. I see my family waiting for me. I se me running to the finish and stopping about 20 ft from the finish line and just standing there, taking it all in. My wife hands me the wine glass they gave us last year and I finally get to drink out of it, before I run across that line. I am still trying to pick the theme music that will be playing as this happens!

1 comment:

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...