Saturday, March 26, 2011

Whatever Yo...

That has pretty much been my attitude this last week when it comes to training. I lost my mojo. I have been phoning it in. I have made alot of excuses for not training right lately and I am ready to turn it around.

This week was a rough week work wise, I had alot going on. I ate very badly also. The other morning I went to do my swim workout. I had it all planned out for like three days ahead of time, but when I got there, I had nothing. I actually was sitting on the side of the pool, with my feet hanging in the water contemplating whether or not I was going to jump in! My workout called for basically the same workout from my Master's class the previous week, minus the kicking and the pull buoy, so I was looking at about 40 laps.

I was so dreading this swim as I sat there, that I thought how stupid will I look if I just hop up and go back to the locker room without ever getting in the pool? In a way, I wouldn't have cared, would have just simply said "not gonna happen today" or "just don't have it" to anyone I thought may have been wondering why I was leaving. But no, I came here to swim, I have a great plan mapped out, and I am gonna swim I told myself, but I did not really believe that.

After a few minutes of sitting there with my feet dangling in the water, watching the other two swimmers complete lap after lap, I finally decided to jump in. I talked myself into just doing 10 laps. I know that on many, many runs, I have wanted to quit before that first mile, but I always know that for me the first mile is the toughest. So I started to swim my 10 laps. It seemed that I was stopping at the wall every 50 yards or so. No matter how I tried to change it up, I was still not into it. It was everything I could do to finish 10 laps.

I jumped out of the pool, showered and went on to work. There have been a couple other workouts I missed and a few I really struggled through this week. My first tri is 7 weeks away, so if you happen to see me, kick me in the butt and tell me to get to training!

2 comments:

  1. Just read your, "Some Days" post again. That should help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of those swims last night. See you at MIM.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...