Tuesday, December 14, 2010

On The 2nd Day of Christmas...

I hate that song.

Sorry I have been a no show on the ol Blog-o.

I have been busy. If any of you have ever worked in retail, then you will understand about being busy. And you will understand if I say Bah Humbug (especially after Black Friday)

Anyways, as you all know, my bike and I are on speaking terms again. So that's a good thing.

I am on Week 7 of P90X and I am seeing results. I would say I am seeing more results with strength vs an overall physical change, so bring on Festivus and the feats of strength! Seriously, you should see my banana! Or my boat! Both are amazingly better than when I first started. I am not hitting all 339 ab crunches in the Ab Ripper, but I am getting closer! So I have about 5 weeks left of P90X and I will slowly incorporate some more running and swimming before I go full steam ahead into my triathlon training.

The Brooks Sponsorship is over. I am not reapplying in 2011. It is not like I got booted or anything, I just feel that I am not as much as a runner as I am a triathlete, and the race series website for Brooks sponsorship is geared more towards runners. Plus, my times were horrible compared tot he other runners because we still logged the run portions of the triathlons and while my times were OK for having a swim and bike in front of it, it looked like I was walking! I will still wear the Brooks shoes because I like them. So that's cool with me.

Which leads me into my next paragraph about my new running shoes. If you remember, my son did an excellent job taking out the trash one day and threw my other running shoes away because I sat them next to the trashcan. Anyways, I was able to use my Brooks deal to get a new pair of shoes. This time I went from the GTS 10's to the Brooks Ghost 3 shoes.



I know what you are saying. "James, those are pretty" and you probably meant to say "those shoes look pretty fast"! Cause I felt fast when I tried them on to make sure they fit!

I am starting to get the bug again, you know that itch to race! It will be here soon people!

2 comments:

  1. I've never trued the ghost shoes ... are they neutral or for pronators?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...