Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Year Older...




Well it was bound to happen sooner or later, but another year has crept up on me. I am 39 today and I will be moving into a new age group next year, the 40-44 year old group. To me, it's just wrong to be considered 40 when you aren't even 40 yet! I guess AARP will come a calling soon, and I might get the Lifeline system so I can shower without worrying about falling and being stuck in the shower for days on end!

Seriously thought, 39 won't be soo bad. I do not feel almost 40. I am blessed to be where I am at, and I have a great family and at least another 39 years ahead of me. I figure if I keep racing, eventually my AG will get so small that I will be a lock for the podium! Of course it may be the 70-74 AG!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Bday!

    The good news is you get out of the brutal 35-39 AG! Not that the 40-44 is any less competitive -- you new AG seems to have a crapton of strong cyclists! They just don't run well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bday

    I was in the 35-39 age group all year, except I was never 35 during any race. Bugs me a little

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy bday! I'm in the 40-44 AG and in my races they often were at the top. I guess it depends on the region.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hit the 40-44 AG next year too. I am really looking forward to getting slower and actually having an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday. Remember, 40 is the new 30. Although I don't feel 30 in the morning these days. - Greg H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday James! Next year you will officially be a Master:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 40 is the new 20 :) I loved turning 40 - hope I feel the same way about 50 when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...