Monday, January 11, 2010

Jan 11, 2010

Well, I am over my cold and I am back in training mode. Isn't it funny how you go back and forth, in and out of training mode? I mean some weeks, it is all I am thinking about. When can I get my next R/S/B? Even though my next triathlon is not scheduled until June! Well this week, I am in full blown training mode.

Sunday- I took the two older boys to the gym and let them play while I ran on the dreadmill. I know, I hate the dreadmill also, but it was still below freezing and the wife needed the boys out of the house. So they played while I did a 4 miler on the dread. Then we went to the pool. I got in a 500 yd swim while they played, so I can count this as a run-swim brick!

Monday- I went to swim at lunchtime. I needed out of the office. If you scroll down a few posts, you will see an entry about a tri swim DVD I reviewed. Well, I have actually been using those drills in my workouts and I swam my fastest mile EVA! 33:01! I was pretty excited. I have determined that my swim workout lengths will not be any shorter than 1800 yards this season, and I hope to get my time down even more before Sept.

Monday night, while the wife was at her Bible Study group, I got all the kids in bed and pulled out the drainer for a ride. My plan was to go 30 minutes. This is the 2nd time I have been on the bile since November, so I know I am in no position to ride long just yet. So here is the kicker, I watched the Bachelor while riding. I know! No need to say anything else, but I couldn't turn the channel. And does the host really need to come out and tell the women there is only one rose left? I am positive they know!

So that was my riding distraction! Now I am off to play some Call Of Duty on the Wii and shoot up some stuff (much more manly!)

4 comments:

  1. saw your post on BT. Good luck with 2010! Any big goals for the year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Jon! I have several big goals for 2010. 1st is a half marathon, 2nd is my 1st HIM and to end the year I want to finish my 1st marathon! SOuld be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "drainer" lol - was that typo on purpose? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cody, I would not be surprised for you to find many typos in my posts; however, the drainer is not one of them! lol

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...