Monday, November 16, 2009

Rubbin is Racin!

On Sunday I went out for my long run as normal. I am getting better each week, so I hope that by March I can kick butt on my half marathon I am planning on running. My goal was to run 8 miles that afternoon. While driving home from church, I came up with a great idea for my route, something new and something that seemed really far! Only problem was that when I started running it, it was much shorter than I had hope, it was only about 6.5 miles, so that means I had to adjust it. Here is a map of what the run looked like:



I know it is hard to read, because it is very small, but the point I was trying to make is that I ended up having to run a lot of repeat paths to get to 8 miles. I took some short streets and had to double back, I took turns I did not want to take, I had to follow the curves on the streets, which meant running half circles instead of running at angles. It wasn't very fun and it was tough to stay in pace.

At around mile 4 I noticed that I was getting that old feeling of a blister coming on. You know what I am talking about, that rubbing, burning feeling you get while out running, usually from running in a new pair of shoes. I kept on plowing on. Iwas running sockless, which is something I have not had any trouble with all year! It was warm enough in Memphis to still run sock less (74 degrees), so I thought why not! well check it out:




Now the cut on the foot is not as bad as the picture may look, it looks swollen, but that is just from the angle of the cellphone camera, and the cut it tiny compared to the picture, it just looks huge! The blood stain on the shoe is very cool to me in a disturbing yet proud way!

Anyways, I managed to run through the pain, and I finished my 8 miles in 1:15. I still need to add on 5 miles to that run, but I figure I can do that in 3 months time! I am just working on building my vase, then I can try and speed it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...