Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's a love/Hate Thing...

Reasons I Love to Run in the Morning:
  • Great way to start thee day
  • Very peaceful and quiet on the trail
  • Keeps me focused and dedicated
  • Easier to work around family obligations
  • No one cares if I get up, as long as I am quiet as I leave
  • I can think my day through
  • Paths and Trails are empty
  • I like seeing my breath as I exhale
  • Fewer bugs to swallow in the morning
  • No one yells smart-ass comments (Run Forest Run!)
  • Neighbors always smile and wave as they head out
  • I sleep better that night

Reasons I Hate to run in the Morning:

  • My bed is comfy in the morning
  • It's cold outside
  • Joints are stiff when I Wake up
  • Funny looks from some people
  • Hate sweating AFTER I come out of the shower
  • I eat horrible that day (justify it by saying I already ran)
  • I get sleepy around 2:00 PM

Got something to add to either list? Let me know if ya do!

1 comment:

  1. How many smart ass comments you getting when you run in day light?

    Anywho, I could not agree with this list more. It sucks to get up at (or before) the break of dawn, but when you finish your run, see the sun coming up, people going to work and you realize you've already been up and got your 'motor running,' its a great feeling.

    Running at night, while it may burn the same amount of calories, just isn't the same. The early morning run wakes you up, gets your metabolism going, busts stress, etc. You may not feel as guilty as you should if you eat a little too much, but when you lay down (exhausted) to go to bed that night, you feel like you had a complete day.

    Sorry for the wall-o-text.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...