Sunday, December 28, 2008

It' starting...

This is the time of year I hate. The time right after Christmas and New Years, and let me tell you why. It is the time of year when all the "resoluters" come out. Let me explain what a "resoluter" is.

A Resoluter is a man/woman that has made their New Years Resolution to get back in shape and then they tie up all the machines, weights and lanes at the gym, roaming around not knowing what they are doing. They are just tying up machines, talking to other "resoluters" or talking on the cell phone. While others that are there on a regular basis have to wait them out. Now this is peak time of year for the "resoluter", as the peak time is normally late December to sometime after the Superbowl, and then we have to deal with "get ready for Spring break in the next month" crowds later in the year.

I know. I should welcome people. I should encourage people and help them out, but I don't want to. Sorry. I am not a bad guy, but I am there for a reason, which does not include socializing. I mean I am friendly and respectful, but I do not go out of my way to "chat". Just let me listen to my tunes and do what I need to do.

I guess I should thank the "resoluters", because they join, then fade away, which helps keep me paying lower dues, but I get annoyed when I go to swim and three lanes have "floaters" in them. You know the people that aren't swimming laps, but just kind of floating back and forth. One lane can hold up to 5 floaters easy!

My only choice is to deal with it and move on, which means getting up earlier to get to the pool and breaking out the long tights to run in the cold, but I had to rant.

Oh yeah, Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...