Saturday, October 11, 2008

Finally!

Friday night I participated in my last scheduled multi-sport event, the Fit City Dash N Splash, which consisted of a 2 mile run followed by a 150 yd swim, at Well Worx. The race started at 6:30 PM and my goal was to shoot for 17 minutes.

It pretty much started on time and the run went pretty good. They had the road blocked off which is always nice. The run went down a road then around a lake and back down the road. It was a nice run around the lake but the sprinkler system came on which surprised everyone. I ran the run portion slower than I wanted but I could not find the right person to pace off of. Everytime I though I could pace with someone ahead of me, they would fall off the pace, so I carried on.

The transition area was nothing more than a place to kick off your shoes and grab your goggles, then head to the pool.

The swim was tough. I was winded from the run, now I had to swim, a first for me to do this in that order. I got in the pool and it took me a length or so to get my breathing calmed down. I was swimming well and catching the guy in front of me, but he would not move over. I tapped his foot several times, but the guy stayed in the way. Anyways I finished swim and ran to the finish line.

Here's the cool part. I finished 2nd in my age group! I was awarded a sweet towel that says TOP PLACE FINISHER! First time in a long time I have placed! It was a nice reward and a nice way to end the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...