Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Weekend

I had a pretty good weekend. It was so good that I am going to have to split it into 2 postings. Part 1 will be about the Huey Lewis concert on Friday night. Part 2 will be about my race on Sunday!

Part 1
Friday night, my we to the Botanical Gardens for the live at the Gardens concert series to see Huey Lewis and the News. It was a very good concert. You can really tell that those guys really like playing together. I had forgotten how many good song Huey had back in the 80's. Heart and Soul, If this is it, Back in Time, Power of Love, I need a new drug, Doing it all for my baby were just some of the songs he did, along with a couple of new tunes.

We went with a couple of good friends. The concert series is a lot of fun because you can just spread out with a blanket and bring food and drinks, like a picnic and listen to some good, live music. Anyway, I recommend the series. We have seen Harry Connick Jr and Micheal Buble there before. Every season they have at least one act that is worth seeing.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, actually the blogger I was thinking was named "Michael."

    Whenever I think of Huey Lewis and the News though, my mind immediately goes to Back to the Future. What a good movie.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...