Friday, April 4, 2008

OPPS, I DID IT AGAIN...

No this is not a tribute to Britney, although it is about some people that are about as deep as one of her songs. The title of today's rant comes from my visiting that "open blog" (and I put it in parenthesis because it is only an open blog if you agree with them). I really should not even waste any of my time over there anymore, cause that is time I will never ever get back!

The funniest thing I read over there was the comparison to the Memphis Tiger basketball player getting suspend for his alleged drug test and the PW deal at BBC. They think if Pastor Gaines was the coach, then Allen would have not gotten in trouble. His drug use would have been a mistake of the mind, not the heart! Man, will that phrase ever go away?

Now they were back on the billboard controversy again! Second verse, same as the first!


Here is my problem with that blog, or the people there. I believe they have every right to get on that blog and spread their opinions until the cows come home. I also believe that they need to be accountable to what they say, but when it comes down to it, I sense alot of phony people there. I do not believe that the way they talk and act is the true way they are. I think they have found a group that accepts them and that they feel needed, which is all well and good.

Now this does not cover every single person on there, and i am not going to name any names, but in my opinion, they should seek another church where they can get involved and be involved and move on, quit the name calling people, please!

10 comments:

  1. "If you don't agree with me, go away". Alright Joseph Stalin, Adolph Hitler, Kim Jong-Il, etc. Fascism has already come to America and it is holding a cross and draped in a flag. Also, I don't even know who you are, I just hate stupidity. And Andre Allen is a classmate of mine and deserves what happened to him. He is a really nice guy but personal responsibility comes in to play at some point. Based on his previous actions, Steve Gaines probably would not have suspended Allen, and as much as I love 'Dre, he deserved to be suspended. Just to clear one point up, Calipari did not suspend Andre Allen, the NCAA did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon, dude. I am having a little bit of trouble following you here. First of all the, what's with the Sinclair Lewis quote? (For those of you who do not know it, the exact quote is the "when fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.") No where in my post can it be said that I am saying "If you do not agree with me, go away", so I am not sure where this is coming from or going, and I am really not sure if it is aimed at me.

    Regarding Andre Allen, since I did not go into his suspension or my opinion of his suspension, all I can say is that I agree with you. I hate he missed the Final Four, but it is what it is!

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "in my opinion, they should seek another church where they can get involved and be involved and move on".

    That sums up my statement: "if you don't agree with me, go away".

    And I assume you aren't a big fan of Sinclair Lewis? haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandon,

    these people have already left the church, no one is asking them to leave. The point is that sometimes it is time to move forward. Instead of wasting all your time talking bad about what came before, you should put some energy into the present and getting involved in something you can believe in.

    I would hate to see "basketball guy" (forgot his name) still whining about his suspension in two years instead of focusing on what he could be doing in the present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Memphis,

    I have to disagree with your statement that the way the people act on that blog is not who they really are. I believe it's more of an indication of who they are than what they show in public.

    A perfect example is one of the bloggers who posted one day how offended she was by BBC members who approach her at the supermarkets and tell her they are thinking of leaving BBC. She essentially said that one particular person was worthless to her and a pervert, and accused him of inappropriate 'elevator eyes' during their talk. She wasn't brave enough to rebuke him while speaking face-to-face, but was more than able to read him out on the blog in front of the whole world.

    Irony of ironies, the offender was another member of the blog.

    The way they act on the blog might not be who they appear to be in public, but it's closer to the real them than they'd be able to show otherwise.

    "Character is what you are when no one is looking." -Adrian Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandon, I think you misread that statement, the people I refer too have already been out of BBC for over two years, and if they are not getting their spiritual needs met at BBC, then yes, I do hope that they find another church where they can be fullfilled and be aprt of a fellowship. I wish that place was BBC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Solomon, I respect your opinion, but I still believe there is alot of phonyness on that site. Again, I do not lump every single person in this group, but it is still my opinion.

    I can't say that I know anyone on that blog, much less this one! Either way I think it is sad that people can act one way here and another there.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. in response to what my OFTEN misguided older sister said (I kid because I love), I would hope that Andre Allen (basketball guy) has moved on to better days and better choices in two years. However, I'm sure there are many Holocaust survivors who are glad we didn't "move on" and give up on them so quickly. Also, let's add that to the list of outlandish examples being brought up in this discussion! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. "let's add that to the list of outlandish examples being brought up in this discussion!"

    I agree, and with that, I declare you win! :) (the example part I mean)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...