Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Race schedule 2008




I have been looking at different races I want to try and do this spring/summer, and I have come up with 7 definates. Now my goal in each of these races is to finish, I am competeting against myself here, so I may not be first, but I can still win. So here are the races I am doing in chronological order:



Feb 25 Bartlett Rec Indoor Triathlon
This race is an indoor race, which is a first for me, and consists of a 500 yard swim, 8 miles on a stationary bike, then a 2 mile run on the treadmill. A nice warm up for the season to come.




May 18 Memphis in May Triathlon
The race consists of a 1640 yd swim, a 24.85 mile bike and a 6.2 mile run. This will be a true test for me. a mile swim and a 25 mile bike will be killer, but the hardest part I think will be the transition from the bike to the run!

June 14 Dragonfly Triathlon
Race consists of a 1/2 mile swim, an 18.5 mile bike and a 4 mile run. I do not know much about this race, but I bet the t-shirt looks cool!

July 19 Mightymite Triathlon
Race consists of a 1/3 mile swim, a 13 mile bike and a 3 mile run. This is another big one around Memphis. I know lots of people that do this race, so it should be a good time!

Aug 24 Wolf Pack Triathlon
437 yd swim (weird distance), a 15 mile bike and a 3 mile run. Again I do not know that much about this race.

Sept 24 CATS Sprint Triathlon
500yd swim, 15 mile bike and a 3 mile run. This race is in Conway, AR, and was the first triahlon I ever did. I am looking forward to going back and dong this one.

Oct 5 Heber Springs Triathlon
500yd swim, a 13 mile bike and a 3 mile run, Again...don't know.

Anyway, those are the ones I have marked on my calendar. I hope to keep you updated on my finishes!

P.S. All these races cost money, so please email me if you want to chip in (might even wear a shirt with your name on it!) Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...