Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Unexplainable

I opened MSNBC.com this morning and this is the story that caught my eye:

Authorities searched Wednesday for the bodies of four children (1yrs old, 2 yrs old, 3 yrs old and a 4 month old) believed to have been thrown off a bridge by their father. Lam Luong, 37, of Irvington confessed Tuesday night to driving to the Dauphin Island bridge, stopping and tossing the youngsters off the span, which is as high as 80 feet above the water in places...The Dauphin Island bridge connects coastal Alabama to a barrier island located about three miles south of Mobile Bay in the Gulf of Mexico.

This is a crushing thing to imagine. I can't for the life of me even conceive this guy throwing a child off of an 80 foot bridge into the cold dark waters, not 4 times! I pray to God that those children did not know what was happening to them, that somehow they blacked out or something. How any father (used loosely here) could listen to the screams of those children and continue is beyond me. Turns out that the oldest child (3 yrs old) was not his biological child, but he had raised him from the time he was an infant. Explain that one!

The man reported the children missing on Tuesday before confessing. He said that the woman who had the children failed to return them to him. I wish that part had been true.

America, this is too common nowadays. People have tough times and try to throw everything out and start over. Remember Andrea Yates (drowned her kids in the tub) and Susan Smith (drove them into a lake)? It seems in the past it has normally been women, but it is not a female vs. male thing. I guarantee this schmuck will play the crazy card and he will do no time. Yates is not doing time, Winkler is not doing time, yet Vick is???

Hug your kids today people! Enjoy them!

5 comments:

  1. Okay, this is a little creepy because as I was clicking on my link to your blog this story was on the new bumper- it is coming up after the next commercial. I had not heard anything about it until just then.

    My sister-in-law and her family go to Dauphin Island every year and I am sure that it is going to be a more solemn occasion as they drive by that bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing that gets me is I know, I know the guy will plead insanity and he will do 3 months and be free walking the streets while those children may never be found. It really pissed me off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this is off topic, but have you heard from Cary lately?

    I hope he is doing well, and it is probably for the best if he has moved on from all of the drama.

    I kinda miss the old days with all of us in the batcave until all hours- I guess you had to go back to playing video games all night!


    AND-
    I am determined to make Matt win the "Biggest Loser" contest at his office so he will be strapping on those running shoes come Monday. I headed back to the gym today after the holiday break and oh my it was a real shock to my body! How about if we all pick a day to have a "check in" to see if we have met our weekly exercise goals? We may as well do it on Mondays... Just let me know what you think and I will make Matt do it too :)

    He really is always looking for someone to work out with so email him one of these days and set something up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good to me, I am in. let me know what I can do to help. I alreadytold my wife I was going to see if he wanted to meet up and run sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I will come up with an "accountability" plan- I think I know a good way to do it.

    You and Matt will have to work out the other stuff, but I will remind him to email you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...