Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Round 2 and Cardiac Rehab?

June 29th, I went back to the hospital for round 2 of my journey into #stentlife. It pretty much went just like the first one. I went in at 6 AM, got prepped, got my Xanax and was feeling pretty good. I wish I could tell you more about the procedure, but honestly, I do not remember much. I do know that the doc had to install two stents due to the length of the blockage.

***Rewind: I was diagnosed with a blockage in my arteries. I had a 90% and a 70% blockage that was found after I passed out playing basketball***

The only surprising thing to me was that I later found out that all three stents are placed in the same artery, which kinda freaked me out a bit to be honest. I really have no idea if that is good or bad for me, but I have given up on researching this on the internet. There is some scary stuff there on the web.

So here I am 12 days later and I am feeling really good. I am not restricted from doing anything I want right now. I am , however, suppose to go to cardiac rehab tomorrow, and I am not sure about it.

I do not know anyone that has ever gone to cardiac rehab and have no idea what it requires. I have talk to the nurse and she said that is a way to ensure my heart is strong. The goal is to get me where I can exercise for 50 minutes at a time.  It is 3 times a week for 12 weeks!!! The first session's goal is to get my heart rate up 20 beats per minute over my resting heart rate. So basically get my heart rate up to 80.

I have already been back to the gym and been lifting weights again. I did 45 minutes this morning. I am really having mixed emotions about this cardio rehab, but I am going to go to the first session and just see what it is all about. I do not expect much out of this though. I will let you know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...