Monday, March 7, 2016

At Least That's the Plan...

This post always seems to me like a New Years Resolution type of post. You know the post where you plan out all the great things you are going to accomplish, but we all know you never do. Sometimes we set those goals way to far out in front of us to where we literally have no chance of reaching them. I know you know what I mean. So just to make it clear, this is my 2016 race schedule! the list of races I am planning or wanting to do.

This is something I normally do around the first of the year. I have really had to plan more this year because we are so busy as a family this summer. I know the summer is going to go by in a blur, but it is all good stuff we are doing and it really should be an awesome summer. So  my "race schedule" had to be worked around our family summer schedule. It's only 4 races. I have taken a realistic look at my schedule and what I know I can do for training. So here is my 2016 race schedule (most likely)





May 21- Memphis in May Sprint Triathlon
  • 1/3 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3 mile run
  • Last year I finished in 1:25:52
  • Goal is 1:24

July 9- Paris Landing Sprint Triathlon
  • 1/3 mile swim, 14 mile bike, 3 mile run
  • First time doing this race
  • Tri team favorite race

August 27- Dragonfly Sprint Triathlon
  • 1/2 mile swim, 18 mile bike, 4 mile run
  • I hate this race
  • Not done it since 2010 (2008- 2:00:48, 2010- 1:58:10)
  • Goal time: 1:55
October 2- Ryanman 70.3 Triathlon
  • 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 run
  • First time racing this event
  • 75% Sure I will do it
  • benefits children's cancer research


I think this is a good mix and enough time between races that I can complete. The Ryanman race is something I want to do, but not sure if it will work out, the October date helps a lot, but I will know for sure if I really want to do it later in the season. The  training plans have already been scoped out and at this moment in time, I am feeling pretty good, so let's see what happens. First goal is Memphis in May!

Follow me on Instagram at Jford2309 for updates as well!

1 comment:

  1. I have the first half of my season planned, but it kinda depends if I end up going to AG Nationals or not what I do after July 1. Great goals! I might attempt another 70.3 NEXT year :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...