Monday, March 23, 2015

Rain Rain go away...

So after posting about how I was back and training hard, I got a little case of strep throat, which sort of stopped me for a few days. I am a firm believer in resting and letting the meds work rather than try and push through the illness, which in my experience only makes it worse. So I laid off for a few days while I healed. And I am ok with that!

My goal date was to get back to it on Sunday. Last week was a recovery week anyways, so I do not feel like I missed a whole lot by taking a few days off, which was really only Wednesday through Saturday. By Sunday though, I was ready to get back to the plan. My plan called for a 2.7 mile run (I love this sprint triathlon plan). The only issue was that it was raining on Sunday.



I had no desire to go to the gym to run on the treadmill, I wanted to run outside. So after church, and before lunch, I threw on my rain jacket and some shorts and my white, no sun seeing for months legs went out and ran.

Now, nothing makes me feel more like an athlete training than training in conditions that most people would not train in. I did see cars driving by as I ran, and I like to think they were saying to themselves, "dude is a beast!" or something to that fact. In reality they were probably thinking more along the lines of "idiot, it's raining" or its even possible they could not have cared less that I was running. But I cared dangit!

I loved it. I actually love running in the rain, when it is warmer. It was 55 degrees on Sunday, so that made it not quite as fun as I would have liked, but  fun nonetheless. But the important thing to me was just getting out there and doing it anyways. The important thing to me was that I did not let the weather act as my excuse. I very easily could have decided to take a nap on the couch, but I am not where I want to be.

So rain, rain, stay if you want, it won't bother me!

2 comments:

  1. When it's nasty out and I'm out running, I always feel a little more awesome...but I know the people are probably like what an idiot. LOL. Way to get out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I love running in the rain! Good for you for getting out there!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...