Wednesday, February 4, 2015

3 for 1

I know it has been awhile since I have posted and for that I say sorry to the 3 or 4 of you that still read. I have been busy. So that is why you get a treat today. You get 3 topics for one post!  JACKPOT!!!  So let's get going!

  1. I have to mention that last Sunday my bride and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary! (and we got to watch the Superbowl) We did get to have a nice evening out on Saturday and will hopefully celebrate later this month even more. I am truly blessed to have spent the past 24 years with this woman (18 in marriage and dated for 6) She is everything to me!  I love you babe!
  2. The Superbowl. I only have two words for this game. LOVED. IT.  Yes, I thought the Seachokes were going to win, and probably should have won, but what can you say, the Pats made a wicked good play! The game was a great one, but the halftime show and commercials were horrible in my opinion. The Halftime show was just silly and boring. I wanted more Lenny Kravitz, and since when did Missy Elliot become relevant again? I mean, it is pretty sad when the most talked about thing in the halftime show is the dancing sharks. The commercials were about the most depressing and lame as any Superbowl ever. Come on advertisers, use those millions of dollars and give us some of the good stuff, not about dead kids and cars driving around "living the dream"  C'mon Man!
  3. So the past few weeks I have been having some issues with my shoulder and my wrists have been bothering me for a long time, so I figured it was time to go get them checked out. I was really afraid my rotator cuff was unhappy and that it would be a serious injury because I was having trouble lifting my arm and I did not want to train for anything if I knew I was going to be out with shoulder surgery! So reluctantly I made an appointment with an ortho doctor and got it checked out. It turns out to be a good news/bad news type of visit.
    1. Good news- It is not a rotator cuff issue at all, just some tendinitis in the shoulder. I got a cortisone shot in the shoulder, and with a few days off, and some shoulder exercises, I should be able to get it back to where it was.  Huge relief!  Huge!
    2. Bad News- the wrists. It seems I have moderate arthritis in my wrists already, which he said was rare for someone my age. It can be managed, but it sounds like it can only get worse. I will be getting shots in my wrists in the future and hopefully managing it with medication. So that news could have been worse, and it is kind of a bummer, but I can handle it.
So there are three hot topics in one post. Now my goal is to get back to working on my 10 minute plank, and to run the majority of February, and then in march, start riding and swimming, building that base until Redman 2015 training starts sometime in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...