Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Random Thoughts on a Tuesday...

Time to blog and I really do not want to try and make it all formal like (and Yes, I do try to make them easy on the eyes), so here are the things I am thinking about:

  • Half Marathon training has been going well. I managed to get in 60 miles in the month of August, but I am already behind this month due to work commitments. Overall, I am pleased with where I am, and I think if I ran it today, I could easily finish in 2:05, so there is time to get that under 2 hours.
  • I just found out that my hometown of Fort Smith Arkansas is having their first ever marathon/half marathon in February!  I am actually really excited about this and I am looking forward to running it.
  • And just so you know, my 2015 rival Bradleyd3 is also looking to run to some half with JFord early in the year, probably want to scout me out and figure out a way to beat me, but I know his game... (notice the labels at bottom)
  • Already got some trash talk texts from him, going to be a long year and I have a post in mind for all his jibber jabber
  • I started toying with a race schedule for 2015 and it is taking shape. looks like I can do some long runs, a sprint triathlon and a full in 2015.
  • It looks like another run at Ragnar TN is in the works
  • I turned 43 on Sunday, which isn't a big deal cause I stayed in the same age group...
  • On one hand I really like Memphis, but on the other hand we have some problems. From kids beating up people at Kroger to people shooting their girlfriends in parking lots, it is just crazy. So much bad going on in this world, almost makes me want to cancel my TV stations, at least then I would not hear about it as much!
  • My Razorbacks had a huge win this week! 73-7!!!  WPS
  • I got a Keurig for my office and I love it, actually thinking a getting a cup of Joe right now!
Bday present form the family!!!

1 comment:

  1. Whew! Glad I am not the only one that is already planning out next season! I have IMTX on the schedule, but wasn't sure what else to do with it. Finally starting to have some good ideas and it is taking shape as well. Cool medal rack too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...