Thursday, May 16, 2013

I Know What I Know!

I am ready.

Physically.

Mentally.

I want to race. I want to see where I am as I prep for Redman. This race will be a good gauge for my fitness levels. I am no stranger to the Memphis in May venue, as this is the 6th time I have done this race I think, and it will be the 3rd time it has been at this venue, so I know what to expect.

I know what to expect at the expo.
I know what to expect with the hotel room.
I know what to expect with the meal we will eat the night before.
I know what to expect for the line up to the swim.
I know where the majority of the contact will happen on the swim.
I know that I will most likely have a headwind for the first half of the bike and a tailwind coming back.
I know I will want to walk on part of the run at some point.

I know the run will have zero shade.
I know that coming around the hotel means the finish is right there.

I know it will be so great to take a shower after the race.
I know my family will love chilling at the pool while I race.

This is what I know. I know it is going to be fun.

Can't wait.

5 comments:

  1. And I know you'll do awesome! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for a great race. Can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great race! I'll be anxious to see how it goes! It was my first Olympic race and will always be super special for me! I can't believe you've done it that many times! Here I was all like telling you about what I knew about it and you had already "been there done that" HAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...