Monday, July 16, 2012

Week in Review

For me, it is always hard to get back into the swing of things after vacation. I was able to do some running and swimming on vacation, but I was on vacation, so I wanted to relax a bit, but I also did not want to take any steps backwards from my training, so this week was important to me. I only have about 50 something days left before my Half Ironman triathlon, so I think I know where I need to be at this point.

Monday- Travel day back from Florida (it seems like it was so much longer than a week ago)

Tuesday- Nothing- I got called in to work at 2AM due to a burglary, so it messed up any thoughts on working out.

Wednesday- 23 mile ride on the trainer. I am still seeing positive results from using the trainer during the week.

Thursday- 1500 swim followed by a 4 mile run. This was not a speed set, but I vowed earlier to not make it a treadmill run and I kept that vow. Made the run better, even thought it rained on me.

Friday- rest day- I really thought about adding some workouts to Friday, but I knew I had a big weekend coming up so I stuck to the plan.

Saturday- 40 mile ride. It rained on us as well, and I hate riding in the rain. Come to think of it, all a majority of my bigger races have had rain on the bike segment. I also finished out the day doing yard work on Saturday.

Sunday- 10 mile run at 4PM. We went to church that morning, there was no way I was going to get up early enough to knock off 10 miles, then we had to drop our older boys off at church camp, which took about 3 hours round trip, then we were suppose to meet some friends at their house to cook spaghetti for a homeless group (we do this once a month), so in order to get my run in, I ran to their house which was exactly 10 miles away!  It worked out beautifully!

This weekend really gave me a good confidence boost, as far as mentally knowing I can do the distances. I still have plenty of time to work on things to prepare even more. My goal is to beat my previous HIM time of 7:35. I know these are different courses (IM Branson vs. NashVegas 70.3), and the bike shouldn't be so hilly, but the distance is the same. So, I really expect to have a better time.

Thankfully this is a recovery week, cause I am sore after this weekend, but I am ready to hit it hard and fast this week. Coming soon is a post on my new Tri Team I joined and another post I am working on called "20 things you will never hear me say" Thanks for reading!!!





3 comments:

  1. nice job fitting in all your workouts. Its crazy what we have to do sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 "Honey where is my Creed CD?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, How did you know that was on the list???

      Delete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...