|A sweet hat, a medal, shirt and my bride!|
Last weekend, my bride and I ran the Warrior Dash in Jackson, Mississippi. We had decided to make it a weekend getaway, cause I am all romantic like that. We drove to Jackson with a couple of friends from church and had a great time running through the mud and being locked in our hotel room together. Wink Wink. The race was an absolute blast! We did not have a time goal, we just wanted to stick together and have fun, and I can say that we accomplished that goal! It was alot of fun to do this race with friends from church and from work! So I am going to give you an obstacle by obstacle account of the race minus all the mud pits (cause that would take awhile).
- Tire Step- Here we had to do the old fashioned tire drill, just like we did in football practice, except this thing was 30 foot long. Alot of people went down on these tires because we had just gone through our first mud hole and it was slippery.
- Rubber Richocet- This was basically more tires to walk through with a bunch of tires hanging down from strings. It was really more of a nuisance than an obstacle.
- Storming Normandy- This was annoying. It was basically a military crawl under a bunch on nets.
- Barricade Breakdown- We had to jump over a 4ft wall and then go under some barbed wire, we did this about 4 times! My wife flew through this section like a cameraman from COPS!! I had to yell at her to wait up for me! (I got behind some slowpoke or I would have been faster)
- Teetering Traverse- This was like walking the plank on a ship that went up and then it went down like the shape of an M. I kinda felt like I was on Survivor! It was a slow walk due to all the unbalanced people, and I was afraid I was going to be the one to fall off! But I saled through it right into a mud pit.
- Chaotic Crossover- Going on all fours to get across a cargo net. No problem, cause I gots mad Ninja skillz which came in handy!
- Great Warrior Wall- This was a 20 foot wall you had to climb over using a knotted rope! This was a little bit of a concern at first, but it really wasn't too hard, again, thanks to my crazy Ninja skillz! We saw one lady fall about 8ft to the ground and land on her back, but like a true Warrior, she got up and tried again! Tackett (guy from work, see pic below) almost got knocked off the wall by me, but I promise, I thought he was going faster!
- The Trenches- I hated this one, we had to burrow under some wood and bushes on our belly. Wasn't a big fan of it. I got all scrapped up and there was a line of barbed wire across the end of it. Steve (see pic below) got caught up in the barbed wired, which was not good for Steve.
- Vertical Limit- This was a wall to climb using the rock wall climbing handholds, they were so muddy, that I thought it was going to be tougher than it actually was. My bride eased up the wall quickly and then I climbed the wall like a ....you guessed it, a Ninja! Once we got on top, we had to slide down a pole, which was not as fun as I remember it being in grade school. It was kind of funny to watch people slide down the pole!
- Tipsy Tightrope- Tightrope walk. No problem. I hate to keep saying it, but I credit my Ninja skillz once again!
- Deadweight Drifter- Here we swam through some freezing cold water (almost saw a dude drown and we moved up a spot!) and then we had to go over logs that were floating in the water. It was really hard to swim with my feet being caked in mud! I think I almost swam over Tackett to get to the other side, but the water was cold and Daddy wanted out of that water!
- Cargo Climb- Climb up and over a huge cargo net. I did not use my Ninja skillz on here as much as I used my American Gladiator skills going up this net (which is what it reminded me of, you know the final eliminator challenge?)
|Stopped for a quick kiss|